Sound View Camp is excited to offer outdoor environmental education (OEE) opportunities in the spring and fall months. . At Sound View we use an experiential education model to teach environmental awareness, social skills, and complimentary lesson plans that bring the experience alive. We use the natural beauty of our local ecosystems as great outdoor classrooms. Students are also treated to a traditional camp experience with canoeing, group initiatives, and campfires.
Schools using Sound View Camp for their outdoor environmental experience can expect:
- two staff member "naturalists" to work with the students - to teach lessons, run campfires, and be a memorable host
- easy-to-follow lesson plans for teachers to implement which are designed for our unique site
- the place to yourself. We only host one school at a time.
- good, nutritious food served in our dining hall
- campfires each night
- comfortable places to stay in one, or both of our lodges
1 Night/4 Meals - $45 per student - $35 per adult - one adult free for every 8 students
2 Nights/7 Meals - $80 per student - $65 per adult - one adult free for every 8 students
Day Trip Rates
9:30 AM to 4:00 PM - starting at $6 per student ($11 with lunch). Students will be divided up into to groups of 15 for a rotation of three or four activities.
Our curriculum combines natural science, team building, and outdoor adventure and can be customized to create a unique program that fits the needs of your students. Sound View Camp is a large facility with a diverse ecosystem which beckons exploration and learning. We will work with you in order to design a program specifically to fit your goals for your students.
Interested? Fill out the form or call our camp office (253) 884-9202. We have dates available for spring and fall!