Help us raise money to send kids to camp!
Race a scenic 4K path conquering multiple obstacles and get dirty along the way. Multiple start times will be offered with race bibs and awards for completion. Chili and hot drinks at the finish line.
Youth (10-17): $35.
Participants receive a t-shirt.
All proceeds go to Sound View Camperships.
Contact James Goodman if you wish to be an event sponsor.
LOADED MUD PITS & 13 OBSTACLES, BE READY FOR A FUN AND DIRTY DAY OF LAUGHS, MEMORIES, AND CHALLENGES!
4 Kilometers (2.4 Miles)
Adult (ages 18+) = $50
Child (ages 10-17) = $35
*Children under 10 are not allowed to participate in the course.
Saturday, March 10th, 2018 -
You will be unable to modify any details of participant registration information after 5:00 pm (PST)
Saturday, March 10th, 2018 -
Online registration will close at 5:00pm (PST). Absolutely NO online registration will be accepted after this time.
RACE DAY REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS, WITH AN ADDITIONAL $10 FEE. ONLY CASH TRANSACTIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON RACE DAY.
Standard Waves of up to 50 racers will start at 10am and go every 15 minutes. Competitive Waves will start on the hour. Last race of the day will be at 4pm.
Parking will be onsite but limited to space, carpooling is highly recommended with others. Possible off-site parking may be offered and a shuttle will be provided to race location.
All participants must follow course officials' instructions
All participants understand that this is not a normal 4K race, it is an extreme foot race through rough terrain with obstacles, and fully understand the risks involved
- You must be 10 years or older at race day
- All photos taken by media or Staff can be used to market or promote Sound View Camp
- All participants must complete and sign a waiver of liability
- All participants understand there are no refunds or transfers
- Participants understand that this is not a timed run unless runner has signed up for "Competitive wave"
- Participants in “Competitive Waves” understand that if they do not complete each obstacle or race they will not be able to receive any awards.
- It is up to the participant to complete each obstacle, if the participant does not feel they can complete the race or obstacle it is their responsibility to leave or avoid the obstacle all together
- All participants will brief themselves as to where the medical support staff is located when they arrive for the race
- It is the participant's duty to inform the Mud Run Staff if they have been injured or hurt during the race.
- Participants assume all risks & medical expenses if needed during or after the race. As stated in the signed “Liability Waiver”
To receive your race bib, you must have registered online or register on-site with a signed waiver on file. Upon receiving your race bib, a “Standard Wave” or “Competition Wave” start time will also be given. (Competition Waves start on the hour only)
1. Hurdles - Start the course with a series of hurdles to conquer over
2. Bag Drag - Test your might with weighted objects carried 100 Yards
3. High Low Bars - Surmount sets of uneven bars to go over and under
4. Underwire Crawl - Press your limits in a 40-yard low crawl
5. Mud Hill - Traverse a muddy incline path
6. Trench - Navigate through wooded trails and muddy trenches
7. The Hill - Hike the dreaded Sound View Hill from the waterfront to “Calvinwood Lodge”
8. Slide Crawl - Enter a covered crawl space to a water slide
9. Sand Spit - Run in the sand along the perimeter of the lagoon and beach shoreline
10. Mud Hill 2 - Reach the top of the second muddy incline
11. Woven Web - Maneuver a crisscrossed roped web section of the course
12. Balance Boards - Power over a chain of balance boards on the trail
13. Wall - Overcome the final element the 8’ foot Wall
Race Results will only be posted for the Top 3 Females and Top 3 Males in each Competitive Race Waves. Staff will be at the start and finish line to track race times. All other waves will be self-timed and self-tracked.
All photos will be free to take yourself with cameras of any kind. Additional photos by event staff may be purchased for a nominal cost.
WHAT DO I GET?:
- Mud Run Race Bib,
- “Sound View” Mud Run T-Shirt,
- Post Race Refreshments (Hot Chili / Warm and Cold Drinks),
- Mud Run Award (Only for top 3 male and top 3 female participants, Must have competed in Competitive Race Waves),
- Ability to kick back with friends and tell your Mud Run story,
- The happy feeling that I helped send a kid to summer camp.
If interested in volunteering at the Mud Run, Please e-mail email@example.com to get more info on how you can become part of the "SOUND VIEW MUD CREW". We ask volunteers to stay and support the entire duration of the race day.
AS A VOLUNTEER WHAT DO I GET?
- “Sound View” Mud Run T-Shirt
- Meals and refreshments throughout the day-of.
- Overnight lodging at camp (limited availability)
- Signed credit for volunteer hours.
MEDICAL SERVICES ONSITE:
Trained medical emergency personnel will be located onsite for the duration of the race day.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED AT THE RACE
- Signed “Sound View Mud Run” Waiver. (If not completed online)
- Appropriate footwear for race is highly recommended!
- Change of clothes. Note: You will get muddy!
- A Great Attitude!
WHAT TO LEAVE AT HOME
- Alcoholic beverages,
- Glass containers,
- Poor attitudes
Gear check will be available for racers to check their items during the race (like a coat check). Feel free to leave your keys, headband, bag, etc and all those items you don't want to carry with you during the race!
MUD RUN ENERGY
- During the race, there will be a water station near the halfway point of the race course.
- Food and refreshments will be offered free of charge to all race participants after crossing the finish line.
Non-race participants (family and friends) may come and watch racers as they conquer the challenging course and have the best time of their life! Spectators may purchase food and drink items for a nominal fee.
I AM NOT ATHLETIC... IS THE RACE SAFE?
There is always a risk involved when you run a race like this. Keep in mind this is an extreme style foot race, but with that said we have taken every precaution possible to ensure that you cross the finish line safely. We will have trained Medical Support Staff available for any injuries that may occur. Being athletic is not a requirement, but having the mental fortitude is. You will be fine running or walking the race as long as you are able to give it all you got!
IS THERE A DRESS CODE OR CAN I DRESS CRAZY?
We encourage you to be comfortable, you may choose to “Dress Crazy”, wear a costume, or be unique as possible. Please keep in mind you are running a foot race, so keep it safe!
CAN I GET A REFUND?
We do apologize, but no refunds under any circumstance. As an option you can transfer your registration to another person until the transfer deadline (March 10th 2018). To transfer a registration please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IF IT RAINS?
Rain or Shine this race will happen. You will truly call yourself a champion after this race.
WHAT IS THIS FUNDRAISER FOR?
Sound View Camp is the Outdoor Ministry of the Olympia Presbytery. All proceeds from the Mud Run will benefit the “Sound View Campership Fund”. This Fund is dedicated to helping youth needing financial assistance to attend Sound View Summer Camp. For additional information on this fund or to give a donation please contact email@example.com