Whether you are utilizing a single facility, or needing the whole camp to run your program. you will find Sound View a great place make things happen.
Refer to the map of camp to locate our cabins, and lodges.
This stand-alone facility is quipped with a kitchen and separate restrooms for each sleeping area. Calvinwood has a large meeting space, and four rooms that sleep 6 plus four cots for a total of 28 beds.
- Handicapped access parking and bathroom.
- Full kitchen with utensils.
- Comfortable meeting room with couches and fireplace
- Big porch
- Big Screen TV
- Central location provides easy access to all of Sound View's attractions.
Sound View's largest dining facility and meeting area with a capacity of 140 (dining and meeting room). The Health Centre, attached to the Dining Hall, has sleeping space for 8.
- When the weather is right, you can see Mt. Rainier from the Dining Hall!
- A common space for all the groups staying in camp
- Big round tables that seat 10 for a group experience.
- Outside picnic tables, flagpole and the Sound View Bell.
- PA System and Projector
The Longhouse comes fully equipped with its own kitchen and restrooms. It sleeps up to 36 participants with 32 bunk-house beds and two small rooms that sleep 2 each.
- Set apart from the rest of the camp, you are free to make noise, or enjoy peace and quiet.
- A solid, semi-soundproof curtain divides the two sides in half, or can be opened to provide a large meeting are.
- Designed for intimate fellowship: eat, sleep, play games, and enjoy an all in one central meeting room!
- Two full bathrooms, one on each side.
- Beautiful trails lead past a secluded picnic shelter, a campfire pit overlooking the Sound, the Tree House, finally ending at Sound View's waterfront!
Three new cabins nestled in the woods near the Rustic Chalets. These are great for couples or small families. Add them to Calvinwood, or use them with the whole camp for additional housing. Each cabin sleeps 3.
- Each cabin has a half bath and is located right next to a shower house
- Upgraded Mattresses
The Chalets Cabins are extra beds when used in conjunction with another facility. They are wood construction with screen windows and curtains. The Chalets Cabins have a full service restroom and shower house with them (sorry, it isn't ADA accessible yet). Cot-style beds will sleep four. Plus there is one Tent Cabin with the Chalets. Five chalets and the tent will sleep up to 30.
The Tent Cabins are a nice addition to any of the facilities. They are platform tents with permanent metal roofs and cot-style beds. Right next to the tents is a beautiful shower house facility. The tents will easily sleep 8 to 10 participants. These work great as family units, or as traditional camp cabin groups. Eight tents sleep up to 80 participants.
You can use this covered space for basketball, volleyball, pickleball, or a large group gathering. In the colder weather there are canvas sides to keep the wind out.
This break-out space in the program office building is great for a group of 12 people. It is chock-full of Christian Education books, children's books, and resources on camp leadership. It is also home to our camp cats.
This is a mini-lodge for around 20 people is at the end of the dining hall field on the path to the waterfront. It houses our camp ukuleles. Grab a carafe of coffee from the cook and enjoy this unique space. There is staff lodging above so the A-Frame closes at 10 pm.
In the heart of Narnia (Cabin-Tent Village) is the place where creativity happens. In the winter months there may be mattresses stacked on one side of this heated building but there is always room for about 18 people to enjoy working on a craft together, or just talking.
Challenge Field Shelter
So you want to have a campfire but it's raining? This is a great space with a roof and a fire place that up to 30 can sit around, sing, and make s'mores. There is always plenty of dry wood.
In the midst of the tent-cabins is a little picnic shelter for outdoor cooking and conversation.